Sunday, March 15, 2009

It was the best of times, It was the worst of times...




Well, maybe not "of times", but that works for our past four days.

Eric and I both had a birthday.

There was fine dining, wonderful gifts, and a surprise getaway for the weekend. Overall, our week of birthdays turned out very well.



Now for the worst.
Once again Little Man looks like he fell asleep peacefully on his daddy. But wait, notice the towel? This was taken at 10 pm after having thrown up multiple times. No child should have to suffer through that at such a young age. He had no clue what was going on. All he could do was cry and call for his mommy. It breaks my heart just thinking about it. Luckily, this bug only lasts long enough to make you sick once. By morning he was feeling much better.

Fast forward two days. After having returned from a lovely evening away from home, we discover our Little Lady is complaining of an upset stomach. She had witnessed Little Man's sick episode, so we thought maybe she was exaggerating a little when she would run to the toilet and cough then spit as though she had thrown up. After seeing this many times, and her claims of being well enough to play outside, we figured it was just an act.

Lesson learned: Nothing regarding sickness and small children is ever an act.

You guessed it. Little Lady threw up right before going to bed. She has been through this before, but it is never a pleasant experience. She slept well through the might and I am hoping this illness is no longer lingering.

Well, here's to more of the best of times and a little less of the worst.

4 comments:

Heather said...

oh poor kids. puking is the worst- i still hate it, and i am 26! i didn't know eric had a birthday this month too- happy b-day to you both. sounds like you celebrated with style! did eric get you another big bag of mini gummi bears?

Vernie and Tony said...

I agree with Heather, it's no fun getting sick, no matter what age you are.

Did you get your little book I sent to you? Just curious and hoping I had the right address.

Meredith said...

I feel so sad for Little Man! I am glad that he is feeling better, as well as Little Lady. I hope you guys enjoyed your getaway!

The Haucks said...

Bummer, being sick is never any fun. Just glad that it only lasts about a day - good riddance!